All kids love mac and cheese. This gluten-free Quinoa Mac & Cheese is packed with protein, iron, and fiber and can easily be transformed into a dairy free option by replacing the milk and cheese with alternatives from the link above!
Courtesy of @momables ⠀⠀⠀⠀
-3 medium carrots, peeled, washed, and diced
-1/4 cup milk
-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-4 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa)
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese + extra for topping (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.
2) Steam the carrots for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender (you can also steam them in the microwave).
3) Place the cooked carrots, milk, Dijon mustard, and salt into a blender. Puree until smooth and creamy. Add a little more milk if needed (carrot size can vary), but the texture should be smooth, not liquid.
4) In a large bowl, mix the quinoa, cheese, and carrot puree until combined. Transfer into a medium baking dish.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly. If desired, top with additional shredded cheese and serve immediately.
Click Link in Bio for Full Recipe!
#macandcheese #kidslunch #healthylunch #childrenlunch #healthyeating #cleaneats #pediatrics #functionalmedicine #cleaneats #schoollunch #integrativemedicine